Monday 4 August 2008

Jana Sasaki, David Kolic and Michiko Suzuki



Jana Sasaki is an artist whose work I came across on the Bimpe website. I actually had a print in their very first annual miniprint competition. No catalog that year as far as I am aware. I am not too sure that they do one now. I will update this post – if I find out what the situation actually is, where that is concerned.
href="http://www.sunpeaksnews.com/v2i3_arts.htm ">
BIMPE V - The Fifth Biennial International Miniature Print Exhibition

If you would like to find out more about Jana, as an artist please see this article
on Sunspeak News





Robert David Kolic

All I can tell you about Robert David Kolic is that he attended Capilano College, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – one presumes reasonably recently – that’s as much as I could gleam.



Michiko Suzuki

Hailing all the way from Tokyo, Japan is I think, quite an interesting and talented artist - Michiko Suzuki.

She likes to experiment with different media and that extends to her substrates which include papers both Eastern and Western. Her repertoire includes toner-etching, drypoint, collagraph, woodcut, silkscreen, metallic pigment and stencil.


If you visit her page at the her page at the Bellvue gallery, Vancouver you will see some inkjet prints in her folder to begin with followed by a number of very lovely mixed media prints.
It’s a flash enabled website - so just click on gallery artists at the foot of the page and on the list at your left check for “Michiko Suzuki” towards the end of the alphabetical list.

No comments:

Post a Comment